parallel and remote computing
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32446] parallel and remote computing
- From: "Steve Gray" <stevebg at adelphia.net>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:54:58 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a calculation that takes so much time that my PC would have no chance of finishing it in a reasonable time (e.g one month running full tilt). I have access to other PC's but they don't have Mathematica. Is there any way to compile a Mathematica program on my main PC and export the code so generated to the other PC's? They would need no interaction, but just write their results to a disk file. Also other suggestions for speedup would help. I have already looked into algorithmic speedups and so far have acheived, through about five different means, a speedup of about 100x but am about out of ideas along that line.