- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32483] Re: TrigExpand
- From: Detlef Mueller <dmueller at mathematik.uni-kassel.de>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:59:59 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Kassel - Germany
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dave Snead wrote:
> 1/2 + y + Cos[x]^2/2 - Sin[x]^2/2
Really a strange Result (1 for y does
leave Cos[...] alone again).
Using trigonometric Functions, I like
to restrict to Sin, Cos, eventually Tan.
I find Objects like Sec, Csc ... very
unnecessary, ugly and contraintuitive
(as they hide correlations and require
to memorize them, not really making
anything more easy).
Can one forbid Mathematical the use
of these (imo antiquated)
Prev by Date:
RootSearch package improved
Next by Date:
Re: confusion with triple integral...
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: