Re: Art Graphics in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35260] Re: Art Graphics in Mathematica
  • From: "Daniel" <nospam at nospam.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 02:19:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Thiery Balser" <strichpunkt2 at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:afugqn$rs0$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hi,
>

> I've just found an amazing site with really astonishing picutres
apparently
> generated by mathematica..
>
> There are even the formulas on this site (please see below), but I have no
> clue, what sort of Plot this formula requires.
>
> http://silver.szote.u-szeged.hu/math/Gallery/Creatures/crea.html

For this kind of plot you should use ParametricPlot3D from the
Graphics`ParametricPlot3D` package.
For example:

<< Graphics`ParametricPlot3D`;
ParametricPlot3D[{Sin[u]*Cos[v],Cos[u]*Cos[v],
    Cos[u]^2*BesselJ[1,7*v]},{u,0,2Pi, Pi/20},
    {v,0,Pi,Pi/10}];

To get your picture to look like those on
http://silver.szote.u-szeged.hu/math/Gallery/Creatures/crea.html you will
have to play with the options of ParametricPlot3D. You can see all the
options like this:

Options[ParametricPlot3D]

With kind regards, Daniel.