Re: Art Graphics in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35276] Re: [mg35244] Art Graphics in Mathematica
  • From: Garry Helzer <gah at math.umd.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 05:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just a follow up to one of the previous replies which suggested using
ParametricPlot3D with a fourth argument specifying the color function
for each pair of parameter values. The plots look a bit like the
surfaces Alfred Gray used to draw with the color indicating the Gaussian
curvature. You can find examples and code in Gray's book.

Gray, Alfred, Modern Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces with
Mathematica, Second Edition, CRC Press, ISBN 0-849-7164-3.

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 05:16  AM, Thiery Balser wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've just found an amazing site with really astonishing picutres
> apparently
> generated by mathematica..
>
> There are even the formulas on this site (please see below), but I have
> no
> clue, what sort of Plot this formula requires.
>
> http://silver.szote.u-szeged.hu/math/Gallery/Creatures/crea.html
>
> Any hint is highly appreciated,
>
> Regards,
> Thiery