Strange Behavior of AxisOrigin

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35332] Strange Behavior of AxisOrigin
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 03:20:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using  Show[ Table[ Graphics[ Rectangle[ ---]]]]  to draw a bunch of
narrow horizontal bars, all of which run from x = 0 to positive x
values, and all of which have y values between 1 and 10.  (The graphic
is a horizontal bar chart, essentially)

If I add

    AxisOrigin -> {0,0}, Axes -> True

as options for Show, this adds acceptable x and y axes to the graphicm
with the x axis at y = 0, below the lowest bar.

But I don't want a y axis, only an x axis, so I try

    AxisOrigin -> {0,0}, Axes -> {True,False}

and now the horizontal (x) axis moves up on top of the lower bars,
somewhere around y = 1.5.

?????

(Could using PlotRange->All have something to do with this?)