Plotting problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35326] Plotting problem
  • From: "Steven Hodgen" <shodgen at mindspring.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 03:18:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I'm a total Mathematica newbie, and I'm trying to get it to plot a simple
rational eq. in such a way that it indicates where missing points are.
Since I'm not sure how you'd prefer the eq. expressed, I've typed in in the
parents so there can be no question of where the denominator is, as well as
a cell expression.

(3 x^2 - 5 x + 2)/(x - 1)

Cell[BoxData[
    FractionBox[
      RowBox[{
        RowBox[{"3",
          SuperscriptBox["x", "2"]}], "-",
      RowBox[{"x", "-", "1"}]]], "Input"]

When I Plot[], this is just draws a straight line.  There is no indication
where the hole is. How can I get this "fully correct" graph?

Thanks
--Steven