Simplify inequalities

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35357] Simplify inequalities
  • From: "Julio Vera" <jvera at>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 06:50:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I cannot find the way to simplify certain inequalities. An example could be this one:

I have the additional condition that -1<=x<=1. Applying Simplify with this
condition, I expect the solution

But the original set of inequalities remains the same.

I tried Expand, FunctionExpand, LogicalExpand, and some others, with no luck.

Thanks very much for any suggestion you might provide.

Best regards,

Julio Vera