Re: downloading notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35391] Re: [mg35343] downloading notebooks
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:21:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can't figure out your problem. For example, go to the Wolfram site, find
MathSource, choose some topic and click on the notebook you want. It
downloads to some location in your machine. Then File | Open ... (the
notebook you downloaded). Now you have this notebook as the active notebook.
Some notebooks have a lot of text, some don't. In many cases, though, the
author may have chosen to leave some cells "closed". This is indicated by a
sort of arrowhead in the lower end of the cell bracket. To open, select the
cell bracket and double-click on it. Usually, input cells are unevaluated.
In that case, put your cursor somewhere in the cell body and shift-enter.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City