RE: Quantile function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35336] RE: Quantile function
  • From: "DrBob" <majort at>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 06:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

and you'll see several relevant options (and irrelevant ones too).
NumberForm, ScientificForm, and EngineeringForm apply especially.

Try for instance:

Number[Quantile[dist, 0.8],12]

However... you shouldn't look for more accuracy in the answer than you
provide in the input (loosely speaking).  Is 0.8 a very precise number?
If not, the answer you already have may be deceptively precise.