Re: ReadList speed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35388] Re: [mg35345] ReadList speed
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In general, ReadList is reasonably fast. It depends, of course, on how and
where your data are stored. Some information about that would be useful.
Incidentally, are you writing a semicolon (;) at the end of the ReadList
statement? Otherwise, most of the time goes into displaying the list, which
usually is not necessary.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City