Re: ReadList speed
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35388] Re: [mg35345] ReadList speed
- From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200207091047.GAA25559@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In general, ReadList is reasonably fast. It depends, of course, on how and
where your data are stored. Some information about that would be useful.
Incidentally, are you writing a semicolon (;) at the end of the ReadList
statement? Otherwise, most of the time goes into displaying the list, which
usually is not necessary.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Graham" <lamontgra at yahoo.com>
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg35388] [mg35345] ReadList speed
> Is there a faster way than ReadList ?
> I am reading a 2*60*80 array of reals it takes 205s.
> It almost seems faster just to generate the data again...that can't be
> Graham Lamont
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: RE: RE: Corrupted Files & Version 4.2 Problems
Next by Date:
Re: cross product
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: