Re: Help with Importing of FITS files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35382] Re: Help with Importing of FITS files
- From: larsh at wolfram.com (Lars Hohmuth)
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
gorskil3 at aol.com (Larry Gorski) wrote in message news:<ag6f0a$bov$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > Hello. I just purchased the version 4.2 upgrade. I'm trying to > import .fit files but the function Import["filename.fit","FITS"] > returns a list and not a graphic. Any ideas as to what I am not doing > correctly are appreciated. > > Thanks > > Larry The Import command returns a list containing both the header information and the image data. To see the image, you need to strip the header and plot the data portion of the file. See http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica//newin42/import.html for an example. The options for FITS import are documented in the Further Examples section of the import documentation in the help browser. Regards, Lars Hohmuth Wolfram Research, Inc.