Re: Help with Importing of FITS files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35382] Re: Help with Importing of FITS files
- From: larsh at wolfram.com (Lars Hohmuth)
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 02:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
gorskil3 at aol.com (Larry Gorski) wrote in message news:<ag6f0a$bov$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> Hello. I just purchased the version 4.2 upgrade. I'm trying to
> import .fit files but the function Import["filename.fit","FITS"]
> returns a list and not a graphic. Any ideas as to what I am not doing
> correctly are appreciated.
The Import command returns a list containing both the header
information and the image data. To see the image, you need to strip
the header and plot the data portion of the file.
for an example. The options for FITS import are documented in the
Further Examples section of the import documentation in the help
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Prev by Date:
Re: cross product
Next by Date:
Re: How to display one plot as an inset in another plot?
Previous by thread:
Help with Importing of FITS files
Next by thread: