Re: Examples using Trig option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35407] Re: Examples using Trig option
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:24:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am new myself, and trying to learn.  I went to
http://search.wolfram.com and searched "Trig->True" under "The Document
Center."
There was only 1 result.  It pointed to a Mathematica 3 example.

Denominator[Cos[3*x]/Sin[2*x]]
1

Denominator[Cos[3*x]/Sin[2*x], Trig -> True]
Sin[2*x]

Apparently, this can make a big difference on what one is expecting for
an answer.
I "think" it is because Mathematica is not using "Denominator" directly,
but Times & Power instead.

--
Dana
Windows XP  & Mathematica 4.1