Re: Factoring question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35458] Re: Factoring question
- From: "Steven Hodgen" <shodgen at mindspring.com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:48:40 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"DrBob" <majort at cox-internet.com> wrote in message
news:agbfhl$je9$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Factor[x^7 + x^5 + x^4 + -x^3 + x + 1] // Trace
This doesn't do it. It only traces the initial evaluation, and then simply
displays the factored result with no intermediate factoring steps.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steven Hodgen [mailto:shodgen at mindspring.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> Subject: [mg35458] Factoring question
> I just purchased Mathematica 4.1. I'm taking precalculus and wanted to
> a tough factoring problem, since the teacher couldn't do it either.
> Mathematica get's the correct answer, but I'm interrested in seeing how it
> got there. Is there a way to turn on some sort of trace feature where it
> shows each step it used to get the the final result?
Prev by Date:
Re: Graphics Question
Next by Date:
Re: Problem with image import
Previous by thread:
RE: Factoring question
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Factoring question