Constructing a Special Form for 'MatrixForm'

Hi All:
   Is it possible to construct a special form of MatrixForm (say
MatrixForm8) that does the same thing as the
default version of MatrixForm except that an 8 point font size is used,
and maybe a different
font type is used?  How would one go about this?   Of course I would
want the default version of MatrixForm
to perform as it always does.  That way I can pick and choose which I
want to invoke on any matrix expression.
I need this to help in displaying long symbolic elements of a 3x3
matrix.  Thanks in advance to all who reply?
.....Terry