Reading excel files?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35542] Reading excel files?
- From: Stefanos Dris <dris at fnal.gov>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:06:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Fermilab
- Reply-to: dris at fnal.gov
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like to be able to read from and write to Excel spreadsheets using Mathematica. In my search I found Mathematica Link which, among other things, looks like it can do this. Is there any other way of achieving this? As it stands, I manually enter a table of data in an Excel spreadsheets, I save it as a tab-delimited text file, and hence my Mathematica program can read it. Since my program output is another text file, I need to pick the right options when importing the data back into Excel, otherwise the columns and rows may be messed up. If I could read and right directly to the cells of an Excel spreadsheet, it would make my life just a little bit easier. Thanks Stefanos Dris