Setting Notebook Options in a StyleSheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35544] Setting Notebook Options in a StyleSheet
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I would like to create a notebook style in which the EditBar (also known as
the ToolBar) will automatically be present. So in the Notebook Options of
the StyleSheet in the "Notebook" StyleData, I added the rule

WindowToolbars->{"EditBar"}

Then, when I use the style sheet and look under the Format menu, the Show
Toolbar item is checked, but the ToolBar is NOT displayed. I can only get it
to display by unchecking the Show Toolbar item and then rechecking.

Other notebook options such as Magnification work. Is there a way I can get
the Toolbar to automatically display through the StyleSheet?

Version 4.1, Windows98.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/