Re: Output of left-hand side of expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35541] Re: [mg35509] Output of left-hand side of expression
  • From: "Jonathan Rockmann" <MTheory at msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi JM,

You can copy and paste the following expression into your notebook and if
 you evaluate it at the very beginning you will get polynomials in their
standard book form including your c+1.

Unprotect[Plus]; Format[Literal[Plus[p__]]]:=Module[{s1,s2},s1=Hold[p];s2=Reverse[s1]; ReplacePart[HoldForm[Evaluate[s2]],Plus,{1,0}]/; OrderedQ[s1]&& s1=!=s2]

Jonathan Rockmann
mtheory at msn.com