Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x), x -> Infinity]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35559] Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x), x -> Infinity]
- From: j_m_1967 at hotmail.com (JM)
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:08:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know that this should be 0 but why can't I get mathematica to think likewise. In:= Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x),x->Infinity] Sin[a x] Out= Limit[--------, x -> Infinity] a x Is the problem a? How can I specify the properties of or assumptions that may be made about a?