Re: Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x), x -> Infinity]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35588] Re: Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x), x -> Infinity]
- From: timreh719 at yahoo.com.tw (bryan)
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 01:01:06 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All : I am also interesting in the solution of how to make an asumption in Mathematica. I can't find any method in Mathematica. If anybody has the approch to do this , please send it to my e-mail too , Thank you all .. j_m_1967 at hotmail.com (JM) wrote in message news:<ah8otr$aut$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > I know that this should be 0 but why can't I get mathematica to think > likewise. > > > In:= Limit[Sin[a*x]/(a*x),x->Infinity] > > Sin[a x] > Out= Limit[--------, x -> Infinity] > a x > > Is the problem a? How can I specify the properties of or assumptions > that may be made about a?