Solving 25 Wheel M-94 Cipher

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35579] Solving 25 Wheel M-94 Cipher
  • From: Brooke Clarke <brooke at>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I think there is a fairly easy way to solve messages encrypted with the M-94.
See my M-94 web page for more information on this historical cipher device.  I'm
not a Mathematica programmer, but think it would offer an elegant solution.  Is
someone on the list willing to work with me on a general solution for the case
of known wheel letter order but unknown cipher text and no crib?

Brooke Clarke