Re: symbolic and indefinite differentiation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35632] Re: symbolic and indefinite differentiation
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"Philippe Huber" ha scritto
>I have a dummy question: I would like to know if it is possible (and how)
>differentiate a symbolic sum like
>with respect to xi. I should obtain 2xi.

If you mean a term by term differentiation, you could try the Summa package
I uploaded on the mathsource a couple of years ago. It's a very thin and
almost trivial package but it can avoid you typing substitutions rules at
each passage.

hope this can be of some help,
peltio at despammed dot com

The address inside the package is no longer valid.