Removing the Context
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35667] Removing the Context
- From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 04:45:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Regensburg
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear MathGroup Members,
Tracing functions from Packages generates very long
and confusing output, since long context names are
printed. To give a short example, consider the following
generates very long output. A simple strategy to strip
it would be to use Trace[command, form] which only reports
expressions matching form.
But this does not alleviate the problem that package
variable names are very long, since all package symbols
have a long context. For example
the private package variables 'm' and 'found' are printed as
This makes Trace output almost unreadable.
Can anyone suggest a simple idea how to remove the long
context names in Trace output?
I defined a function which cuts the context from
symbols, but this seems awkward an application of
the function to the output is not trivial.
Prev by Date:
Re: Beginners Question - Series list problem
Next by Date:
Re: troubles with lists
Previous by thread:
RE: Installing package "SpreadOption`"
Next by thread:
Re: Removing the Context