Re: Key fonts fix to Mathematica 4.2 upgrade instructions (FCP instructions)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35706] Re: Key fonts fix to Mathematica 4.2 upgrade instructions (FCP instructions)
  • From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:17:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli) wrote in message news:<agjjnr$262$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
<snip>
> On a related note, I notice that the new 4.2 truetype fonts still have
> their  internal "font-rights-privileges" flags set to "editable"
> rather than "installable", which plays havoc with attempts to embed
> such fonts within external docs (such as Adobe Distiller working on
> Mathematica-exported graphics). The commercial Font Creator Program allows one
> to readily modify these font files by flipping this flag (which from
> earlier interactions was fine by WRI).

(FCP) to do the above:

   1.  Open the font file
   2.  On the menu bar, pulldown General->Metrics...this opens the
Metrics window.
   3.  Be sure the General tab on Metrics window is selected.
   4.  In the center-right of window is the field "Font Embedding
Licensing Rights" -- pulldown/select "Installable".
   5.  Then "okay", then save the file.

Regards,