Re: Key fonts fix to Mathematica 4.2 upgrade instructions (FCP instructions)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg35706] Re: Key fonts fix to Mathematica 4.2 upgrade instructions (FCP instructions)
- From: frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli)
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:17:15 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
frankeye at cox.net (Frank Iannarilli) wrote in message news:<agjjnr$262$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> On a related note, I notice that the new 4.2 truetype fonts still have
> their internal "font-rights-privileges" flags set to "editable"
> rather than "installable", which plays havoc with attempts to embed
> such fonts within external docs (such as Adobe Distiller working on
> Mathematica-exported graphics). The commercial Font Creator Program allows one
> to readily modify these font files by flipping this flag (which from
> earlier interactions was fine by WRI).
In response to a query on exactly *how* to use Font Creator Program
(FCP) to do the above:
1. Open the font file
2. On the menu bar, pulldown General->Metrics...this opens the
3. Be sure the General tab on Metrics window is selected.
4. In the center-right of window is the field "Font Embedding
Licensing Rights" -- pulldown/select "Installable".
5. Then "okay", then save the file.
Prev by Date:
Re: troubles with lists
Next by Date:
Re: Slow iteration in a functional program
Previous by thread:
Re: Orientation of BarChart labels
Next by thread:
Dashing problem in Graphics3D