Best way to convert graphics to slide show? (Mac OS 9)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35734] Best way to convert graphics to slide show? (Mac OS 9)
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:32:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I want to convert long sequences of Mathematica graphics cells
(conventional plots, with some Text on them) to a steppable slide show
or movie after they're created.

I've done this using the "Edit>Save Selection as QuickTime" menu command
to get a QuickTime movie, then playing the movie back with the QuickTime
movie player, and it works OK.

But what's the *best/simplest/easiest/most effective* way to do a lot of
these?  (best way to export initially, preferably under Notebook
control, best export format, best way to play back)  (on a Mac, OS 9.1,
Mathematica 4.0.1)

*  Full screen or near full screen playback

*  "Pretty good" image quality -- minimal jaggies

*  Single-frame step forward and back using arrow keys

Thanks for any assistance.