Cell Brackets (once more)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34693] Cell Brackets (once more)
  • From: Alexander Dreyer <dreyer at itwm.fhg.de>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 04:28:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,
further experiments have shown, that I have to be more precise in
stating what my problem is:

I know that I can switch on cell brackets for a whole Section using
  ShowCellBracket->True
For a subsection I can do the opposite:
  ShowCellBracket->False

Cell[BoxData["Section"], "Section",ShowCellBracket->True]
Cell[BoxData["This works fine, but it isn't exactly the thing I want to
do."], "Text",ShowCellBracket->False]

But when I try to do something more non-trivial, like the following:

Cell[TextData["This is the thing I really want to do."],
"Text",ShowCellBracket->False]

In this case not only the cell bracket corresponding to this cell is
removed, but also the small part of the outer bracket (corresponding to
the section) lying right of the text cell.

I'm using Mathematica 3.0 und Linux.
The problem doesn't occure on mathematica 4.1.
Is there a work-aound for the older Version?

Thank your in advance
Alexander Dreyer
--
 / Alexander Dreyer, Dipl.-Math. - Abteilung Adaptive Systeme        \
/  Fraunhofer Institut fuer Techno- und Wirtschaftsmathematik (ITWM)  \