How can I turn a display into an output ?

Hi All~
   In Mathematica, there is some commands only display something but
they can't have any ouput. Thus we can't use this display. For example
:
   Print ; SpinShow(this is in Graphics`Animation` package);
ScientificForm..etc.

How can I turn these displays into outputs ?
I know that it maybe is concerned with DisplayFunction...but I can't
find anyway to solve this problem .

Thanx For your help !!
I am a beginner and my English is not good enough, so I may not
express clearly;anyway, thanks everybody !!!
                                                                 bryan
sincerely