Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34854] Re: [mg34828] which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- From: "Y.A. Tesiram" <yas at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 05:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Pavel, It shouldn't matter who boxes Linux. Am running my Linux version on RedHat 7.3. Never heard of PowerPC Linux (maybe Yellow Dog Linux for the Mac). However if you have a Mac and you are running Max OS X, you will find Mathematica for MacOS X stable and neat. Yas On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Pavel Pokorny wrote: > > Dear Mathematica friends > > http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms/ > mentions > Linux 2.0 or later (ELF only) > and > PowerPC Linux. > > Does it mean Mathematica 4.1 does NOT run on SuSE Linux? > > Or which versions of Linux does Mathematica 4.1 run on? > > -- > Pavel Pokorny > Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology > http://staffold.vscht.cz/mat/Pavel.Pokorny > > > > >