Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34850] Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- From: Peter <peter1963 at totalise.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 05:10:26 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Pavel Pokorny wrote: > Dear Mathematica friends > > http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms/ > mentions > Linux 2.0 or later (ELF only) > and > PowerPC Linux. > > Does it mean Mathematica 4.1 does NOT run on SuSE Linux? > > Or which versions of Linux does Mathematica 4.1 run on? > Hi Pavel, 2.0 means the kernel-release. To figure out, which version runs on your Linux-box, enter "uname -r" without quotes - or better "uname -a" for getting the most out of this command. ELF is not a distributor like SuSE, RedHat etc.. It is the name of the binary format in distinction from "aout" the older Linux format. If you've got a nearly actual SuSE-System (I suppose (!) 6.3 or higher), Mathematica should work fine. Peter