Notation for Log[b,n]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34857] Notation for Log[b,n]
- From: gleam at flashmail.com ("Mr. Wizard")
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:00:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The expression Log[b,n] evaluates to Log[n]/Log[b]. I would like to
replace this notation as the default with Log[b,n], such that not only
will Log[b,n] evaluate to itself, but such that Simplify,
FullSimplify, etc., will use the form Log[b,n] whenever applicable.
MakeBoxes is likely the correct function to use, but I don't know how
to implement this change. Please help.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Mathematica 3.0 + Win XP?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Notation for Log[b,n]