Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34867] Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- From: Hans-Peter Kunzle <hp.kunzle at ualberta.ca>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Alberta
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Pavel Pokorny wrote: > > Dear Mathematica friends > > http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms/ > mentions > Linux 2.0 or later (ELF only) > and > PowerPC Linux. > > Does it mean Mathematica 4.1 does NOT run on SuSE Linux? > > Or which versions of Linux does Mathematica 4.1 run on? > I have been running Mathematica 4.1 on SuSE Linux 7.1,7.3 and 8.0. Almost everything works fine. But the Mathematica notebook editor and the KDE window manager do not cooperate well: You cannot cut and paste groups of cells! This does work, however, in some other window managers, eg fvwm2.