Re: Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34923] Re: Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- From: Hendrik van Hees <hees at physik.uni-bielefeld.de>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:38:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Bielefeld
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
P.J. Hinton wrote: > On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Hans-Peter Kunzle wrote: > >> I have been running Mathematica 4.1 on SuSE Linux 7.1,7.3 and 8.0. >> Almost everything works fine. But the Mathematica notebook editor >> and the KDE window manager do not cooperate well: You cannot >> cut and paste groups of cells! This does work, however, in some >> other window managers, eg fvwm2. > > I think the problems you are observing are most likely due to the KDE > clipboard utility Klipper rather than the window manager itself. Try > disabling Klipper to see if the problem goes away. Uups? That's strange. I use also kde 3.0.x and have no problems at all with Mathematica. Also cutting and pasting works as under any other window manager. -- Hendrik van Hees Fakultät für Physik Phone: +49 521/106-6221 Universität Bielefeld Fax: +49 521/106-2961 Universitätsstraße http://theory.gsi.de/~vanhees/ D-33615 Bielefeld