Re: Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg34923] Re: Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
  • From: Hendrik van Hees <hees at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 02:38:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

P.J. Hinton wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Hans-Peter Kunzle wrote:
>> I have been running Mathematica 4.1 on SuSE Linux 7.1,7.3 and 8.0.
>> Almost everything works fine. But the Mathematica notebook editor
>> and the KDE window manager do not cooperate well: You cannot
>> cut and paste groups of cells! This does work, however, in some
>> other window managers, eg fvwm2.
> I think the problems you are observing are most likely due to the KDE
> clipboard utility Klipper rather than the window manager itself.  Try
> disabling Klipper to see if the problem goes away.

Uups? That's strange. I use also kde 3.0.x and have no problems at all with
Mathematica. Also cutting and pasting works as under any other window

Hendrik van Hees                        Fakultät für Physik
Phone: +49 521/106-6221                 Universität Bielefeld
Fax:   +49 521/106-2961                 Universitätsstraße          D-33615 Bielefeld