Re: Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg34919] Re: [mg34867] Re: which Linux does Mathematica run on?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:16:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Hans-Peter Kunzle wrote: > I have been running Mathematica 4.1 on SuSE Linux 7.1,7.3 and 8.0. > Almost everything works fine. But the Mathematica notebook editor > and the KDE window manager do not cooperate well: You cannot > cut and paste groups of cells! This does work, however, in some > other window managers, eg fvwm2. I think the problems you are observing are most likely due to the KDE clipboard utility Klipper rather than the window manager itself. Try disabling Klipper to see if the problem goes away. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.