Re: Nonlinear Programming?

Dear L,
the Package MultiplierMethod.m (with documentation)
should serve your needs. go to
http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Applications/Mathematics/0207-289

or search for "MultiplierMethod" at
http://www.mathsource.com/

Some time ago I wrote a (rough and dirty and probably
inefficient) small package
which implements constrained maximization by a
brute force penalty function approach.
If you are interested, send me a mail and I will attach
you the Package.

Best regards,
	Johannes

On 13 Jun 2002, at 2:38, Leonard Wapner wrote:

> Is there a Mathematica function allowing me to maximize the product "xy"
> over a set of linear constraints?  The functions ConstrainedMax and
> ConstrainedMin require a linear objective function.
>
> Thanks - L

Johannes Ludsteck
Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre
Lehrstuhl Prof. Dr. Moeller