Re: Nonlinear Programming?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg34950] Re: [mg34939] Nonlinear Programming?
  • From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear L,
the Package MultiplierMethod.m (with documentation)
should serve your needs. go to

or search for "MultiplierMethod" at

Some time ago I wrote a (rough and dirty and probably
inefficient) small package
which implements constrained maximization by a
brute force penalty function approach.
If you are interested, send me a mail and I will attach
you the Package.

Best regards,

On 13 Jun 2002, at 2:38, Leonard Wapner wrote:

> Is there a Mathematica function allowing me to maximize the product "xy"
> over a set of linear constraints?  The functions ConstrainedMax and
> ConstrainedMin require a linear objective function.
> Thanks - L

Johannes Ludsteck
Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre
Lehrstuhl Prof. Dr. Moeller