How to compute a MatrixPower using: A^n = P D^n Inverse[P]

I have the matrix

For educational purpose I would like to evaluate

A^n (* I mean MatrixPower[A,n]*)

using the following matrix property

A^n == P D^n Inverse[P]  (*D mean Diagonal Matrix *)

How can I do with Mathematica? (Methods to obtain P and D)

Thanks

Guillermo Sanchez