Re: Math1mono problem in Latex

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35047] Re: [mg35012] Math1mono problem in Latex
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:54:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Shatrugan Sookhun wrote:

> I am a new user of Mathematica and I have currently encountered a
> problem.  In fact, I plotted a graph which contains arrows ( for this I
> called up on the <Graphics` arrows      package) and then i exported it
> to Tex as an EPS file but when compiling in Miktex, I am getting the
> following error message:  Header file Math1Mono.pfb couldn't be found.
> Is there a way to solve the problem?

I suspect that you're encountering this error message during the
conversion of the intermediate DVI file to PostScript.

The fix is to configure DVIPS so that it knows where to find the Type 1
versions of the Math fonts.

Under MikTeX, this is done thorugh the central TeX configuraiton file.

http://www.miktex.org/manual/ch08.html

The variable that specifies PostScript "header" files like fonts is
PSPath.

http://www.miktex.org/manual/ch08s05.html#d43e7419

The path to the fonts can be determined on your system by evaluating the
following expression in a Mathematica notebook.

ToFileName[{$TopDirectory, "SystemFiles", "Fonts", "Type1"}]

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.