Re: Random bits (generation) Thanks

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg35126] Re: Random bits (generation) Thanks
  • From: "DIAMOND Mark R." <dot at>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:42:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thank you.

Harmut Wolf also pointed me to an article in the group archive which I had

My reading of that is that the CA generator passes the tests I mentioned,
and that one could force the use of that particular generator by using
something like
r = Random[Real,{0,1},10000];

with integerForBits now providing the appropriate supply.

Mark R. Diamond