Difference /recurrence equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35127] Difference /recurrence equations
  • From: agbiggs at hotmail.com (Andrew Biggs)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:42:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm new to Mathematica and am having trouble with inputting the
equations I'm looking to solve. I know the basic input of RSolve, but
can't quite get it. Here's a sample problem, if anyone could show me
how to input into RSolve I can probably run with the ball after that.

y(t+2) - 2Y(t+1) + 3Y(1) = 4

With the part in brackets being a subscript denoting time. I know it
sounds dumb, but I just don't know the input notatin well enough to
get a problem typed in correctly, and the Mathematica book is a little
overwhelming.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Andrew