Re: Import .doc ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34060] Re: [mg34056] Import .doc ?
  • From: tgarza01 <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:00:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 It is indeed possible. However, you wouldn't like to have
all the formatting stuff from Word into your Mathematica
file. I suggest you save your file as text (i.e., File|Save
As|"..."|Text, and you will have your file with a .txt
extension. Then use ReadList and the file will be read
without any hitch. Be careful to give the exact path to your
file. It is a good idea to use !! to see your file before
reading it just to make sure it is there.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City