Some questions about plotting.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34146] Some questions about plotting.
  • From: "Steve Gray" <stevebg at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 05:20:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I have a modest-size matrix (up to about 31x31) whose
values I want to look at using ListPlot3D. Results are good
except for a few things:
    1. It's important to have matrix element 1,1 appear at
the upper left corner of the plot and the axes numbered
accordingly, but this is not what the plot gives by default.
I don't see a way to reverse the axis labeling. Is there one?
    2. I note that this option doesn't work for ListPlot3D:
FontFamily\[Rule]Helvetica,FontSize\[Rule]12 Is there
a way to make the axis labels bigger? When you enlarge
the plot by dragging the labels stay the same size.
    3. AxesLabel does not do anything useful, putting the
labels together but not on the two axes. Can I get
the axes labeled with for example "Row" and "Column"?
    4. Is there a way to get two ListPlot3D's side by side?
I want a stereo pair (same plot with different viewpoints).

    Thank you for any information.

Steve Gray.