RE: Options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34521] RE: [mg34473] Options
  • From: "Annetts, Dave (E&M, North Ryde)" <David.Annetts at csiro.au>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 02:42:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Oliver,

> Is there a reference for all symbols with all options. Even
> the help or the
> big Mathematica bible doeas by far not provide information about every
> symbol and every option. Short example: Couldn't find anything about
> CounterIncrements, neither help nor bible.
> Please don't explain me CounterIncrements, some day I would come with
> another 1000 undocumented options.

CounterIncrements is a front-end option that is documented in the online
help.  It's in
OtherInformation`FormattingOptions`AutomaticNumberingOptions`Counter
Assignment and Incrementing.

As for your question, if it's in an add-on package, then your best bet is to
read the code.  If you're after undocumented stuff that has been compiled
into the exe's or dll's, then short of disassembly, you're probably out of
luck.  That's leaving aside questions as to whether it's particularly wise
to rely on undocumented functions.

Ted Ersek has it summarised at
http://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/Links/Tricks_lnk_56.html

Regards,