Re: Options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34500] Re: [mg34473] Options
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 02:42:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If there is any such reference than I doubt that it is produced by or
with the approval of WRI. The reason is that many (probably most)
undocumented symbols are undocumented on purpose. For example, it has
been a WRI  practice from the earliest versions to remove the
documentation for functions considered obsolete even if the functions
themselves remain for the sake of compatibility. Then there are some
very useful but undocumented functions that are undocumented because
they may be changed or completely removed in the future (most of them
are in the Internal` context but there may well be some in System`). And
having used a few undocumented features in the past I know that the risk
that they will stop working in a future version is a real one. (I still
find it convenient and fun to use some of them).

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University
JAPAN
http://platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/andrzej/