Fourier Transforms for Idiots?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37588] Fourier Transforms for Idiots?
  • From: "Ron Hubbard" <hubbard_ron at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 05:08:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For a research project I need to know if radio waves of
various frequencies are either constructively or destructively
interfering with each other. I was told Fourier transforms are
good for this purpose, but I am mathematically challenged and
have problems with 2+2.

How complicated is it to use Mathematica to determine these
kinds of interactions? Does anyone know of any software or
programs available where values can be plugged in without
having to know a lot of math?

Thanks.