Open notebooks created in Window with Macintosh computers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37638] Open notebooks created in Window with Macintosh computers
  • From: doris.siegl at gmx.at (Doris S.)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:41:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there!

I have the following problem:

I created notebooks with Mathematica 4 on a Windows PC. I stored it
with "Save As..." as Name.nb . Then I sent it by email as an
attachment to a Professor of mine. He is using a Macintosh
(Mathematica 4 / 4.1). When he saves the attachment on his hard disk
(as Name.nb) Mathematica doesn´t recognize this file and doesn´t open
it. Changing the name of the stored file to Name.txt and then again to
Name.nb solves this problem, the notebook can be opened.

How do I have to save the notebook or send the attachment that the
notebook can be opened at once without renaming the extension?

I appreciate any help!
TIA

Doris S.