Can Mathematica crack this Kernel?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37696] Can Mathematica crack this Kernel?
  • From: mansj <n.s.jones at bris.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:28:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I have an 80 by 96 matrix and I'm trying to find its kernel. Its entries
(labelled aijk) are unspecified constants, it's very sparse and I
already know one of the vectors in the kernel. When I try and run
Mathematica, it gives me the kernel of smaller matrices but not of the
full one - my computer just sits there rumbling. Is my computer
underpowered or should I not be using the NullSpace function? I've
attached the matrix and the vector in the kernel as a text file.
Thank You
Nick Jones