Re: Export: Where is exported file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37787] Re: Export: Where is exported file?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:10:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

it is placed in the "current directory".
If you use SetDirectory["someDirectory"] before calling
Export[], the file is written in "someDirectory".

You may use

GetNotebookDirectory[nb_NotebookObject] /; $Notebooks :=
  Module[{fname},
    fname = "FileName" /.
          NotebookInformation[nb] /.
        FrontEnd`FileName[dir_, ___] :>
          ToFileName[dir];
    If["FileName" == fname,
      fname = Directory[] <> $PathnameSeparator
      ];
    fname
    ]

and

GetNotebookDirectory[SelectedNotebook[]]

for the directory of the current notebook and

Export[GetNotebookDirectory[SelectedNotebook[]]<>"yourfilename",yourData,"theFormat"]

may work.

Regards
  Jens