Re: Export: Where is exported file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37869] Re: Export: Where is exported file?
  • From: dgolber at aol.com (DGolber)
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:36:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>If the path supplied to Export[] is not an absolute path, then the path to
>the created file will be relative to the Mathematica kernel's working
>directory, which can be queried with the Directory[] function and changed
>with the SetDirectory[] function.  This is true not only of Export[], but
>also of other kernel file I/O functions.
>
>--
>P.J. Hinton
>User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
>Wolfram Research, Inc.

Paul

Thanks for the help.  Of course the answer is pretty obvious, once it is said.
But it would be so nice if there were a pointer in the Export function
description to a general discussion of the file system interface.

In general, I find the Mathematica documentation to be lacking.  Very long, but
lacking.

Thaks again.

Dave Golber