plotting against a variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37838] plotting against a variable
  • From: "Urijah Kaplan" <uak at sas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:12:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I looked all over the Mathematica documentation, and I haven't found an
answer...I would like to know how to make a plot, for example Sin[x/P] such
that the x axis, instead of ranging from say, 0 to 10, ranges from 0 to 10 P,
with the tick marks on the axis showing that. I mainly want to use this
technique to find the zeroes of complicated transcendental functions that
Mathematica can't solve explicitly in terms of another variable. Thank you
very much.

                           --Urijah Kaplan