Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38066] Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:09:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As a follow up on this issue:
I reinstalled Mathematica 4.1 for Mac OS X and found that I still have
this problem. On the other hand Allan Hayes informed me that he did not
have it on Mathematica 4.2 under Windows 98. I then tried it myself,
with Mathematica 4.1 under Windows 98, and indeed I found I can copy
and paste groups of cells and the cell structure is preserved. They do
not get merged into a single cell with all the Mathematica markup
visible as they do in my case under Mac OS X 10.2. I would like to know
if other Mac OS X users have the same problem. If not, it may be caused
by something weird in my installation, although it seems unlikely as I
am not experiencing any other problems. I have not yet tried reporting
this to Technical Support yet since I am not sure if other Mac OS X
users are also experiencing the same behaviour, but if it is a bug it's
an awful one.

Andrzej