factoring quartic over radicals
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg37006] factoring quartic over radicals
- From: Steve Earth <SteveE at harker.org>
- Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 05:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
My name is Steve Earth, and I am a new subscriber to this list and also a
new user of Mathematica; so please forgive this rather simple question...
I would like to enter the quartic x^4 + x^3 + x^2 + x + 1 into Mathematica
and have it be able to tell me that it factors into
(x^2 + GoldenRatio x + 1) ( x^2 - 1/GoldenRatio x + 1)
What instructions do I need to execute to achieve this output?
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica Help!
Next by Date:
RE: Peculiar output from DSolve
Previous by thread:
Explore "An Introduction to Neural Networks" using Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: factoring quartic over radicals