Re: BinaryImport

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg37060] Re: BinaryImport
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 05:26:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

BinaryImport[] is complet unusable for this task.
I tryed the same with similar data sets and run
out of kernel memory (with 1.5 GByte RAM) & 3GB swap).
The WRI support respondet, that "BinaryImport[]" is
not for reading *large* binary data.

You can have the beta version of MathGL3d 3.1 that
has an extra C-Function for that task.
Since it also include excelent volume rendering functions
and a native format for reading and writing compressed
volume data files you should use MathGL3d 3.1b.

Contact me direct if you wish to "beta test" the new